I’m pumped. I made my first seed order yesterday. These seeds need to be planted in the fall so they germinate and come up in the Spring. I came across this fabulous online store Prairie Moon Nursery. They strictly focus on native, non-cultivated species. Also, they actually have woodland species, which is AMAZE-BALLS.
Here are my goals
- NATIVE NATIVE NATIVE.
- Endangered native plants
- Grow variety of medicinal and edible native plants – I’ve learned that literally everything fits in one of these two categories so #easy
- Embrace rather than fight what I have which is a fully shaded deciduous micro forest.
- Give my plants the freedom to spread and naturalize gloriously uninhibited.
- Native plants that bring erosion control
- Native plants that will help soak up water in areas where water retention is an issue
THALICTROIDES – BLUE COHOSH – This plant is highly medicinal- This plant loves deep shade of which we have aplenty.
PODOPHYLLUM PELTATUM – MAY APPLE- Has fruit that are edible